Happy New Year! With another year of incredible company growth and momentum finished, I’d like to reflect on key milestones that made 2019 a banner year for Cogito.
We are proud to have claimed a leading role in elevating the human experience by bringing an AI Coach to the enterprise. We are very thankful to have the support of dedicated employees, committed investors, partners and industry-leading clients.
A few notable achievements in 2019 I’d like to highlight, which provide evidence of the great things we can do when we work together, include:
- We experienced a 60% growth in the number of employees – and the good news we are currently seeking many more qualified candidates.
- We added key executive hires such as Jim Nystrom, Chief Sales Officer.
- We grew our revenue by greater than 100%.
- We expanded our base to include key industry leaders in telecommunications – in addition to the previous industry leaders in health care, insurance, financial services and retail.
- Thanks to the support of our existing investors in partnership with some new strategic investors, we raised $20+ million in growth equity funding, underscoring that Cogito’s AI Coaching System is delivering unique value to customer-focused enterprises.
- We proudly welcomed a strategic partnership with Concentrix – a technology-enabled global business specializing in customer engagement. Their expertise in the industry will enable Cogito to rapidly scale sales and support to meet market demand.
- Created buzz for our strategic approach to customer service after being highlighted in Forrester’s keynote at CX NYC 2019.
- We kicked off the year with an exciting move to 100 High Street in Boston, to accommodate our rapidly growing company. Check out our space on VentureFizz.
- We were thrilled to be named “Disruptive Technology of the Year” by Customer Contact Week.
- We continue to provide thought leadership to the AI industry. At this year’s Interspeech Conference, our team presented findings on gender bias in AI, specifically as it relates to speech emotion recognition.
But wait, there’s more. In addition to these achievements, 2019 we received wonderful recognition in the press and from key industry influencers, setting the stage for an exciting 2020:
- Feeling Emotional? The Machines Know, Boston Globe
- What AI Can Tell From Listening to You, The Wall Street Journal
- A Machine May Not Take Your Job, But One Could Become Your Boss, The New York Times
- This AI Software is ‘Coaching’ Customer Service Workers. It Could Be Bossing You Around, Too, TIME
- AI at Work: Machines are Training Human Workers to Be More Compassionate, USA Today
- 4 Ways to Address Gender Bias in AI, Harvard Business Review
As we look ahead to the new year, a new decade and beyond, we will continue to grow as a company and strive to make every interaction more empathetic and emotionally intelligent.
From all of us at Cogito: we wish you a safe, happy and healthy year ahead, and look forward to an even more rewarding 2020!