We entered a new phase of work this past year, navigating the ins and outs of a long-term hybrid workplace. The last year was full of opportunities to evolve and empower our workforce through proactive communication and engagement, rooted in bettering the experience for our teammates.
In the spirit of the new year, I always like to reflect and commemorate the achievements that united us so we can look ahead to our bright horizons this year. At Cogito, in 2021, we proudly embraced our Office Optional policy, established in the fall of 2020, and passionately continued our drive forward as the leader in AI Coaching Systems. Efforts that contributed to our success in the past 12 months include:
- We signed a multi-year, multi-million dollar deal with another Fortune 25 company dedicated to the employee and customer experience—marking our eighth Fortune 25 company leveraging Cogito’s AI coach.
- Our technology continued to help countless organizations and their agents navigate the complex world of customer service. This year, Cogito provided 3.5M+ virtual high fives and 131M+ coaching nudges to frontline phone professionals.
- Our leadership team expanded this year, as we welcomed our first Chief Engineering Officer, Raj Gupta, an invaluable hire as we continue to embark on company-wide growth and innovation. We also brought on Doug Wendell, our Chief Financial Officer, with over two decades of experience to support our financial growth. And, we welcomed contact center industry veteran, Mark Leonard, as Executive Vice President of Customer Success, to help us unlock the next level of customer-centricity at Cogito.
- The leadership team wasn’t our only people-related growth. We added CX and SaaS expert, Susan Carstensen, to our board of directors. Susan’s expertise will help our company continue the forward momentum we’re experiencing today.
- We were recognized as a finalist for the CCW Excellence Awards for Workforce Innovation of the Year.
- To give back to our communities and the organizations that mean the most to us, we celebrated #GivingTuesday. Rather than making one donation on behalf of the company, we empowered Cogicians to donate to organizations that hold significance to so that all teammates could give back on Cogito’s behalf.
- Virtually, we hosted our Customer Advisory Board (CAB) for a lively discussion, during which we presented on upcoming platform features and collaborated and shared feedback on future product offerings.
- We conducted a consumer survey in the fall to capture consumers’ understanding of AI, their overall perception and utilization, and any apprehensions related to data privacy and regulation. The survey found that a quarter of consumers (26%) believe that AI is misunderstood, reinforcing the need to demystify AI, be more transparent about the technology and educate how humans and machines can work in symbiosis.
These actions and achievements, among others, were recognized in the press, setting the stage for an exciting 2022:
- A.I. researchers urge regulators not to slam the brakes on its development, CNBC
- Three Ways That Organizations Are Under Utilizing AI In Their Customer Experience, Forbes
- Adapting to Today’s Modern Workplace Requires Human Connection, Customer Think
- The new world of work: You plus AI, VentureBeat
- 3 strategies for workers to shift to hybrid work with emotional intelligence, Fast Company
- How the Human-AI Relationship Will Define the Future of Work, Tech Talks Daily
- Nuances of Speech Recognition with Cogito’s Dr. John Kane, How AI Happens
- Report: 43% of consumers feel transparency is key for positive AI innovations, VentureBeat
As we celebrate our 16th year of Cogito, I look forward to what’s next. We’re living in a world where humans and machines are and will work alongside each other, and we see it as our responsibility to set the course for the future of work. Our team will further invest in the product R&D and expansion of our go-to-market activities to further our vision as the leader in AI-powered coaching for the emotionally intelligent enterprise. We’ll continue taking a genuine, empathy-first approach to all aspects of our business—focusing on our own teammate experience and ensuring partners and customers are supported in the moments that matter most.
From all of us at Cogito: Thank you for your support of Cogito over the years. We hope you’re staying healthy, and we look forward to all that 2022 holds together.